Traffic Signal Design and Network Signal Design
TRL has over 60 years experience in the development and application of signal control at every conceivable type of junction and network the world over.
We have been commissioned by numerous local and national authorities to apply our traffic signal design knowledge not only to newly commissioned junctions but also to assess and recalibrate as necessary existing junctions and networks.
As the world's leading impartial transport research company, we can give you an honest assessment of how your junctions are performing through a host of techniques including:
If you are about to commission a new signal controlled junction or network, have straight-forward or particularly problematic junctions that require an independent and objective assessment, or you would like an informal chat about TRL’s expertise and how we many be able to help you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be pleased to provide you with more information.
- Congestion Analysis
- Development of control algorithms
- Advice on traffic control techniques
- Future traffic management concepts
- Performance indicators
- Comprehensive Evaluation Studies
- Preparation of specifications
- Supporting the procurement process
- Traffic Impact Assessment (including reviewing)
- MOVA Verification Service, design and installation