HDM-Sentry is designed as a simplified data-entry tool for HDM-4 which takes user-defined analysis data, converts the data into an HDM-4 compatible analysis file-set and "sends" the data to HDM-4 where the analysis is performed. HDM-Sentry aggregates the results and presents them as HDM-4 analysis reports.
Use HDM-Sentry to:
- Perform analysis of a road section to determine the economic and engineering benefits of different maintenance and improvement investments
- Reduce data entry requirements by using high-level text descriptors for many of the inputs which are then automatically translated into the detailed data used for analysis
- Provide a highly-accessible analysis method to decision makers, non-engineers and those with little or no HDM-4 experience
Data entered and prepared in HDM-Sentry can be opened in the full version of HDM-4 allowing users to take advantage of the full flexibility of HDM-4.
- Multiple analysis can be stored for viewing and editing when required
- Supports three official "PIARC" languages, English, French and Spanish
- Local currencies can be added for reporting
- Customised datasets can be developed to support local high-level data customisation
HDM-Sentry is for:
- Decision makers and non-engineers - through use of guiding data entry screens, high-level engineering knowledge is not required to perform analysis to obtain indicative results on the impact of different investment strategies
- Engineers with little or no HDM-4 experience - a low learning-curve enables engineers to quickly setup analysis and become familiar with the process and provides a "stepping stone" to more comprehensive HDM-4 use
- Educators - HDM-Sentry provides a quick and easy way to demonstrate the principles behind economic evaluation of road investments
HDM-Sentry provides an accessible analysis method to decision makers, anyone without an engineering background and those with no HDM-4 experience using the full HDM-4 analysis framework and models to provide robust results. Anyone wanting to progress to HDM-4 Version 2 can use the data prepared by HDM-Sentry as a starting point for HDM-4 analysis.
Both HDM-Sentry and HDM-4 Version 2 must be installed and licensed on a single computer for the system to work.