TRL's Strategic Transport Model (STM) is a strategic modelling tool appropriate for Regional Transportation Planning, Structure Plan Development and other applications where there is a need for strategic level transport policy assessment. If required, it can also be used at a more detailed spatial level, such as for corridor analysis.
The model uses a spatial zoning system specified by the client. STM has a significant range of functionality including:
The model benefits from:
- Thematic graphical display
- Park and Ride modelling (multiple sites)
- Parking supply and charging
- Public transport supply and fares
- LRT modelling
- Urban cordon charging
- Multiple zones to reflect spatial variation
- Trip generation, trip distribution, and mode choice modelling (including walk and cycle modes)
- Ability to analyse individual zones or any group of zones (e.g. corridor analysis, conurbation, administrative areas, whole study area)
- Fully flexible scenario comparisons (can compare any scenario with any other scenario, forecast year or base year)
- Can model multiple urban centres for parking policy assessment and interaction between urban centres
The STM model is available as part of a consultancy package from TRL. To discuss how the STM model can benefit your organisation please contact us.