Junctions 8 introduced the following features:
- Entry Lane Simulation enables full simulation of
individual entry lanes to be performed on existing ARCADY models. The
user can quickly see where unbalanced queuing may occur and if lane
starvation may take place. The simulation takes into account the
geometric layout of the roundabout, turning proportions and
user-specified lane designations. Lane movements can then be altered
easily using the roundabout diagram to explore and identify the optimum
- ARCADY-AutoTrack Link
became free to all users to enable on-the-go analysis of
roundabout CAD designs on one single screen, as the design evolves.
- HCM 2010 Roundabout Capacity Model was introduced for international customers needing to submit
analysis using different analysis models, making ARCADY 8 the only tool
- Simplification of the options for the modelling of linked roundabouts which were first introduced in ARCADY 7
- Bypass flows at roundabouts that can be explicitly stated by users.
- Residual Capacity mode quantifies the ‘spare’ capacity at any roundabout
Junctions 8 Version History
Quick-Start guide to Junctions 8
Further details about the ARCADY module can be found on the main ARCADY page.
Further details about the PICADY module can be found on the main PICADY page.